Sunday, May 2, 2010

I've at last got around to posting a video of CaraMayan on You Tube after thinking about it for months! The other thing I'm doing is clearing my desk at long last. It was so cluttered and piled up it was difficult to find anything or even to think. Only half way there but it's at least on the go. Now there are piles on the floor instead waiting to be filed or decided on.

May Day. In England I remember as a child all the mayflowers were out and the warm weather was coming. Here the days are getting shorter and colder and the leaves of European trees are turning beautiful shades of red and yellow. Most of our Australian trees are Eucalypts and it is the new shoots that are red at any time of the year. The spectacular time is November when the bark from the Angophera eucalypts in our garden split and peel off to new pink bark beneath. At the same time the purple Jacaranda and the crimson flame trees. It's my favourite time of the year. In two weeks it will be Pentecost and I'm speaking at our monthly Christian Dance Fellowship meeting on Celebrating Pentecost and International Christian Dance Week which is the week before and including Pentecost. I don't know what I'll say and do yet but am excited to see how the Spirit leads. I'm always surprised that the Church as a whole doesn't seem to celebrate Pentecost in a big way - it's such a significant time with the Holy Spirit coming and the Church being born.

No comments:

Post a Comment